• Newness within the marketplace – Some are still very new in the marketplace so long term care requirements and durability are yet to be seen.
• Variability in the amount of green-ness – Some “recycled” countertops use recycled materials but combine them with petroleum-based binders or other less-green processes! Look closely at what goes into their makeup and production.
• Level of care required – Some use concrete or other type of bindersrequire care like stone countertops. This usually involves sealing the surface periodically, which means moving everything off your countertop to seal the surface then letting it cure.
• Repairability – A countertop whose surface area is mostly recycled glass might chip if something hard is dropped on it.
• Availability – Certain green countertops are simply hard to get.
In the end, going green is the way to go. Despite the drawbacks,environmentally friendly products and materials will eventually overtake the market and the choice will be made for you. In the meantime, you’ll feel better about yourself and your environment and you’ll know you were trying to do the right thing, right now.
What home remodeling or improvements information are you looking for?. Try a local BING search of our site for your answers. The search box is in the right column, just enter your search term & CLICK!.
… for any questions, concerns or problems on a remodeling or landscaping project, just click the carpenter’s pencil above. We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with solutions or advice on where to get solutions.
We never charge for help or advice!.
Rating: 5 out of 5