Bad smell in the air-conditioner Citroen Saxo
Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen functionality when hot, it can besides that bring some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Citroen Saxo can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you understand why. To do this, first we will check out the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Citroen Saxo have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our guideline with the origins of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Citroen Saxo. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is quite often alike. In truth, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Citroen Saxo. This humidity is the perfect origin of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Citroen Saxo. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will lead to enhance the odors. At last, the last classic justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Citroen Saxo is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Citroen Saxo?
Now that you know where to look to find the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Citroen Saxo, because furthermore to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Citroen Saxo:
- Although it may appear obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Citroen Saxo commonly will allow you to take off many of the sources of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Citroen Saxo with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please consult our guideline which explains in detail the process to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Citroen Saxo: This filter which is designed to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Citroen Saxo
Finally, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Citroen Saxo, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Citroen Saxo:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, always conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To ensure that the air conditioning of your Citroen Saxo is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in reality, the liquid is toxic and furthermore the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
If you have any further questions about the Citroen Saxo, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Saxo category.