Best engine oil for Citroen C4 Picasso
We are more and more people to desire to accomplish the maintenance of our Citroen C4 Picasso alone, in fact, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least simple service can quickly go over 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more difficult and we can not accomplish all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Citroen C4 Picasso can be carried out without too much difficulty. We are going to help you today to choose the best engine oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to assure you an optimal engine unit actions. To achieve this, firstly, we will discover how to choose the right engine oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Citroen C4 Picasso , and finally, we will conclude with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso
We will therefore commence our article with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil accurately, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Citroen C4 Picasso?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Citroen C4 Picasso is to lubricate your engine unit to assure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Citroen C4 Picasso :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Citroen C4 Picasso (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to modify it to the temperature in which you drive your Citroen C4 Picasso.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Citroen C4 Picasso (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is essential to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Citroen C4 Picasso in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the manual of your Citroen C4 Picasso that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Citroen C4 Picasso to avoid having to focus on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these recommendations.
The different types of engine oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are mainly made from crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the fact that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of several elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus suggested for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. However, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Citroen C4 Picasso engines, in fact, the protection of the engine unit will be maximum and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Citroen C4 Picasso
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Citroen C4 Picasso , we will present our range and direct you to the best sellers so that you can make your choice in the best circumstances. We have made it a point to present only oils adapted to your Citroen C4 Picasso, so you will not actually locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Citroen C4 Picasso
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Citroen C4 Picasso lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Citroen C4 Picasso with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Citroen C4 Picasso.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Citroen C4 Picasso
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Ideal for all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Citroen C4 Picasso
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Citroen C4 Picasso from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil appropriate for all engines from Citroen C4 Picasso
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Ideal for the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Citroen C4 Picasso
And to conclude this article, we will give you some tips on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Citroen C4 Picasso, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may ruin your engine unit.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil manufacturers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Citroen C4 Picasso
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
To discover more tips on the Citroen C4 Picasso, take a look at the Citroen C4 Picasso category.