GPS Citroen C6 not working Citroen C6
Newer vehicles incorporate an more and more notable number of features. If it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to focus on a very useful feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In actual fact, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Citroen C6 . To accomplish this, first, we will discover how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Citroen C6 isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Citroen C6 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Citroen C6 doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it works so that you can understand all the parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our day to day life, however we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Citroen C6 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Citroen C6. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have correct information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Citroen C6 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Citroen C6 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Citroen C6 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS signal on your Citroen C6, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In actual fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Citroen C6 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Citroen C6 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, in actual fact, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re probably experiencing an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Citroen C6’s GPS.
How do you fix the GPS on a Citroen C6?
We now move on to the last component of our guideline which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Citroen C6 . To achieve this, we will review in turn the complications that we identified in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
- GPS reception complications Citroen C6: If you have reception complications, if regular or continuing, the issue will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, change it with a new one.
- GPS Citroen C6 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software issue, in fact, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To solve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Citroen C6 mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Citroen C6, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content on this subject to identify the process to stick to. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are almost certainly experiencing an electrical problem . We suggest you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Citroen C6 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you fix this problem.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen C6, go to our Citroen C6 category.