How to change parking light of my Citroen C3 Pluriel ?
Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are always functional is pretty important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Citroen C3 Pluriel parking light, we’ve posted this content to help you do this procedure on your own and not need to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Citroen C3 Pluriel?
We will start this content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Citroen C3 Pluriel, remember that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same approach to use. Indeed, whether or not the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging based on the features of your car.
First approach, we will conduct the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Citroen C3 Pluriel. Although this method is the simplest, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to execute it on your vehicle without encumbrance. Indeed, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different methods to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Citroen C3 Pluriel:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will only go through the bonnet of your vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational solution but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary parts that will block your access. To achieve this, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this step has been completed, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Citroen C3 Pluriel. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To achieve this, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being cautious not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and perform a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Citroen C3 Pluriel in the event that the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will simply have to stick to the same technique as on the previous part to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Citroen C3 Pluriel
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Citroen C3 Pluriel
Finally, if you want to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Citroen C3 Pluriel the methodology is much easier, here are the different basic steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Citroen C3 Pluriel, please read our specific content page to discover how to do it.
To find more tips on the Citroen C3 Pluriel, take a look at the Citroen C3 Pluriel category.