How to change the headlights on my Citroen Ds4
Have a lighthouse problem can be dangerous but can also give rise to a fine which can go up to 68 euros and even a loss of 4 points on the license in the case of night driving without lights.
Also, when only one headlight is working, such as a low beam, other road users could mistake you for a motorcycle and potentially cause an accident. So many reasons that push us to want to help you through this article to change the headlights on your Citroen Ds4.
The objective of this article is to allow you to change the faulty headlight on your Citroen DS4.
In theory, changing a bulb in a Citroen Ds4 will take you around 1 hour (20 minutes for the most experienced and 1h30 for beginners).
To achieve this, we will try to explain to you how reach the headlight housings in a Citroen Ds4, then how to replace the defective bulb.
Petit prior advice before changing your headlights Citroen DS4
- Before changing your light, it is essential to identify the type of bulb defective on your Citroen Ds4. To simply choose the corresponding bulbs, we recommend that you go to the following article «How to choose a Bulb for my Citroen Ds4», which will help you determine the power required and the type of bulb according to the defective headlight, for example example if you are looking to change the reverse light on your Citroen Ds4, then we recommend that you buy a P21W filament bulb.
- When changing a bulb, it is best to change the pair (Ex: low beam on the right and low beam on the left) in order to ensure the same level of performance and longevity.
- First, to perform safe handling of it estprimordial disconnect your battery.Effectively, you will be handling electrical objects so it is better to cut power just like you would to change a light bulb in your home.
- Then when you change the bulb of your Citroen Ds4 do not touch the glass part directly with bare hands, these are conductive parts, you could burn yourself. Equip yourself with insulating gloves so as not to take any risks.
How to Change a lighthouse on your Citroen DS4
For this part we advise you to equip yourself with a flat screwdriver (size: 8 to 13) or a pipe wrench.
To change a Headlight, the procedure is as follows for the lights mentioned below:
- Turn signal
- Open the hood of your Citroen Ds4 and keep it open using the stand
- Identify faulty fire
- Using the screwdriver, remove the plastic support by removing the screws
- Turn the round case
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb
- Remove the pin
- Unscrew the bulb counterclockwise
- Replace it with the new bulb
- Note: Avoid touching the glass part so as not to leave a trace
- It must be inserted easily and without forcing
- Replace the pin
- Reconnect the bulb to your Citroen Ds4
- Screw the plastic shell back on
- Replace the plastic cash screws
- Close the hood and try your lights
Changing a Tail Lights on your Citroen Ds4:
- Position light
- Stop light
- Reverse light
- Fog light
Here is the procedure:
- Disconnect the battery for safe handling (CF: article How to change my battery)
- Open the trunk of your Citroen Ds4
- Identify the side of the defective headlight
- Remove the coating to access the body
- Disconnect the connector using the flat screwdriver
- Unscrew the nuts to remove the rear light
- Once the headlight is unscrewed, remove the nut from the light housing
- Remove the case
- Change the damaged bulb
- Reposition the case of your Citroen Ds4
- Screw the case back on
- The same goes for the tail light and the knurled nut
- Remember to reconnect the light connector
- Replace the covering
- Reconnect the battery
- Test that your Citroen Ds4 lights are working properly
Here are the different steps to follow which give the possibility of replacing a headlight on your Citroen Ds4. Be patient, remember to equip yourself with insulating material to avoid the risk of electrocution, follow the steps meticulously and the trick will be played very quickly.
If, however, you were not comfortable with these different steps, do not hesitate to call a professional to secure the procedure on your Citroen Ds4.