How to clean Citroen C5 Aircross air conditioning ?
Air conditioning is by far the most appreciated features on modern cars. Despite the fact it was in past times reserved for high-end versions, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of cars. Nevertheless, this pricey and elaborate equipment needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is totally necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Citroen C5 Aircross. This is specifically what we will demonstrate in detail in this content. First we will take a look in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Citroen C5 Aircross, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Citroen C5 Aircross.
How to clean my Citroen C5 Aircross air conditioning
Let’s begin our content with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Citroen C5 Aircross. The only method to carry out a full cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning produces loads of moisture that will stagnate in the system and will activate the expansion of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two techniques to do this, here they are
Service the air conditioning circuit of your Citroen C5 Aircross in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The method is very simple, even so, this technique can dirty the inside of your Citroen C5 Aircross.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Citroen C5 Aircross, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to promptly clean the air-conditioning system of your Citroen C5 Aircross, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Citroen C5 Aircross that are persistent, we recommend you to exercise the second solution.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Citroen C5 Aircross
Now let’s move on to the more radical approach of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit in depth. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to follow:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Citroen C5 Aircross (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for Five minutes.
- Once this first step is performed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Citroen C5 Aircross.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Citroen C5 Aircross
Finally, to end our content, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Citroen C5 Aircross and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Citroen C5 Aircross every year.
To find more tips on the Citroen C5 Aircross, take a look at the Citroen C5 Aircross category.