How to instal trailer hitch electrical Citroen C15 ?
Whether you need to move house, go on holiday with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. On this page, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Citroen C15 . In actual fact, regardless if the installation process is not complex, it is necessary to clarify some points to consider this task without any issue. Firstly, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Citroen C15 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Citroen C15 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Citroen C15?
So we will begin our article by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Citroen C15. In order to figure out how it works, you must previously figure out its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and above all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical regulations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Citroen C15 . We will focus on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Citroen C15, please see our article on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Citroen C15?
We will now quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Citroen C15. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Citroen C15 trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be discovered on all Citroen C15 hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Citroen C15: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that require 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical equipment in the cabin. This kind of connection necessitates the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Citroen C15?
To finish this article, we will quickly show you you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Citroen C15 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Citroen C15?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Citroen C15, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be accomplished:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Citroen C15 to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Citroen C15?
For modern Citroen C15s, the wiring harness is much easier to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate particular ones for your Citroen C15 and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Citroen C15 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Citroen C15 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Citroen C15?
Finally, to finish this article we will quickly show you you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Citroen C15 . To achieve this you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen C15, go to our Citroen C15 category.