How to instal trailer hitch electrical Citroen C4 Cactus ?
If you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. In this article, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Citroen C4 Cactus . Indeed, even if the set up process is not complex, it is necessary to clarify some points to consider this intervention without any problem. Firstly, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch involves, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Citroen C4 Cactus .
What’s the wiring harness for a Citroen C4 Cactus hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Citroen C4 Cactus?
So we will commence our article by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Citroen C4 Cactus. In order to discover how it works, you must previously discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is fundamental and above all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain rules, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Citroen C4 Cactus . We will concentrate on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Citroen C4 Cactus, please see our article on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Citroen C4 Cactus?
We will now quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Citroen C4 Cactus. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Citroen C4 Cactus trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be identified on all Citroen C4 Cactus hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Citroen C4 Cactus: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical devices in the cabin. This kind of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Citroen C4 Cactus?
To end this article, we will quickly show you you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Citroen C4 Cactus .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Citroen C4 Cactus?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Citroen C4 Cactus, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We advise you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be performed:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Citroen C4 Cactus to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Citroen C4 Cactus?
For recent Citroen C4 Cactuss, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate particular ones for your Citroen C4 Cactus and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Citroen C4 Cactus so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Citroen C4 Cactus and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Citroen C4 Cactus?
Finally, to end this article we will quickly show you you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Citroen C4 Cactus . To get this done you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that corresponds to your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you need more guides on the Citroen C4 Cactus, go to our Citroen C4 Cactus category.