What to do in the event of an injection failure on a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?
You suspect a injection failure on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso ? So before going to a mechanic, you want to inquire. In particular to know Which parts we’ll have to change et how much that should you cost .
But again and in particular the risks to drive with an injection failure on the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. It is to do so that in this tutorial we will begin to briefly explain the operation of the injection system . This will give you the opportunity to understand which rooms can be impacted.
Then we will provide you with the symptoms this type of failure so that you may or may not confirm your suspicions. And to know if he is dangerous to drive your car. And then we will tell you a range of price for the changement some parts of the injection system for a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso.
If the indicator injection to be checked turns on, so check out our guide on that too:
- The injection warning light to be checked comes on on my Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, what should I do?
Understand how the injection system works on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
To analyze an injection failure on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, it is necessary to know how the injection system works more generally.
Your engine must store a mixture of air and fuel in the combustion chambers in order to operate.
This is then the function of the injection. This mechanism amounts to route gasoline from tank of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, before arriving at engine .
This is achievable through the fuel pump . The fuel will also be filtered to prevent dirt in the tank foul engine. The gasoline should then be sent under pressure in the common rail with the injection pump .
And finally the injectors installed on cylinder from the engine, will send the mixture to the combustion chambers. These will aim to provide the amount precise fuel requirement and high pressure in order to optimize combustion .
In short : The injection system is made up of many parts such as the fuel pump , oil filter , injection pump , hoses , injectors but also their joints … So you will have noticed that an injection failure can be due to different elements of the injection system. It is therefore useful analyze the symptoms to bring repairs recommended for your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso.
Symptoms of an injection failure on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
The injection system operates under high pressure and with fuel. So if ever maintenance of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is not carried out from time to time breakdowns can quickly occur. In order to help you understand, we have listed the various symptoms linked to an injection failure on a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
- From power losses et feeling of hole when accelerating :
- As soon as a single injector is defective and no longer spray enough fuel to the cylinder, this will create a imbalance in the rhythm of the engine. So you should notice inconsistencies as soon as you press the accelerator pedal even a impression of sudden.
- Slamming injectors:
- In the event that the Fuel Filter is not changed in time, it may end up foul the system and seize the injectors. As a result, the mixture will not vaporize sufficiently and may cause a clicking sound.
- You may also see a overconsumption of gasoline :
- Indeed, an injection failure can also come from a fuite at the level of joints injectors. As these undergo a lot of pressure, it happens over time that the seals deteriorate and are no longer waterproof.
- This leak may also alert you by its awesome smell of gasoline in your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso.
- And more tasks fuel in the front of the vehicle after parking.
- Partial combustion may create black smoke:
- If ever the combustion is no longer carried out correctly, the fuel is not completely consumed. So the fine dirt will come out through the exhaust of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso.
The risks of an injection failure on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
When you experience a failure in the injection you risk a certain number of dysfunctions which are not to be taken lightly.
For example, in the event that an injector malfunctions and no longer sends fuel you should have difficulty in démarrer your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. But still, in case you persist, it will spoil prematurely the other injectors and the engine . Accordingly, you should increase the cost of repairs.
In the case of a fuite fuel. Beyond the too much consumption of fuel, gasoline is a flammable . So when the leak spreads fluid all over your engine, which is operating in very hot weather, it is relatively risk . Therefore, if you are thinking of this type of concern, it is particularly recommended to quickly go to a garage.
Prices for repairing an injection failure on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
As indicated above, an injection failure remains vague. It is essential to carry out diagnostic complete on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso allowing you to identify the part that is malfunctioning. Also, we indicate to you the following average cost to change an injector or do it réparer . Because these are the parts most frequently impacted in this type of problem.
Price for a change of injector on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
The prices for changing an injector are quite high. But normally this is not a wear item that you will need to change frequently. About his lifetime is estimated at 150 kilometers.
It will be necessary to prepare between 200 and 300 euros for the replacement of a part. In detail, this must include 90 euros of labor , although it will depend on the sign and the engine placed on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. The mechanic can recommend you in relation to the wear of other injectors of change the 4 at the same time.
Prices for cleaning injectors on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
Before changing a seized injector, you can try to make a cleaning curative. It is possible to find injection system cleaning packages between 70 and 100 euros depending on the brands.
Finally: An injection failure on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is not to be neglected. We quickly advise you to make an appointment with a mechanic to confirm your diagnostic and realize the repairs recommended for your vehicle.