When to change shock absorbers Citroen Jumpy ?
Shock absorbers are one of the most vital elements of a car’s general performance, so it’s necessary to ensure they’re always in good functioning conditions. However, it’s not easy to know when to replace the shock absorbers of your Citroen Jumpy? That’s precisely why our team has created this article to help you find an answer to this question. First, we will find out why it is necessary to replace the shock absorbers of your car, then, when to replace the shock absorbers of your Citroen Jumpy, and finally, what is the price to change them.
Why replace shock absorbers Citroen Jumpy?
Before explaining to you when changing the dampers of your Citroen Jumpy , we will find out why it can be necessary to replace them. It is not easy to examine the condition of your shock absorbers, nevertheless, it is necessary to know the role they play to understand the benefit of keeping them in good condition. The shock absorbers on your Citroen Jumpy are part of the safety features. In reality, they are the ones that will make sure that your vehicle has good road handling, keeping wheel contact with the ground and balancing the weight of the car evenly. In addition the shock absorbers assure the driving comfort of your Citroen Jumpy , if they are worn out you will get tired faster and therefore driving your car will be more risky. At last, having shock absorbers in bad condition will accelerate the wear of other components such as the silent blocks or the tires.
When to replace shock absorbers Citroen Jumpy?
We will now find out the part that will obviously bring you to this article, when to replace the shock absorbers of his Citroen Jumpy? After having discovered the benefit of having shock absorbers in good condition, we will describe how to know if they need to be replaced and when you should think about making this replace.
To do this, there are not quite a lot of possibilities, on the other hand we will list the different ways to know when to replace the shock absorbers of a Citroen Jumpy, here they are:
- We determine that the shock absorbers of a car have about 80 000 km of autonomy, so try to know the previous date of shock absorber change if you have a used Citroen Jumpy, or to verify the kilometers if it’s a first hand.
- We don’t necessarily think about it but the technical control is an efficient technique to know when to change the shock absorbers of your Citroen Jumpy. Obviously, this thorough control of your car (specifically since its evolution in 2019) allows to produce a good check-up of the condition of a vehicle. Obviously, it will verify on your shock absorbers the presence of leakage, the deformation of the rod, the presence of corrosion, and the fixing of these . If you have some expertise in mechanics you can already look yourself for the presence of oil on the shock absorbers which warns you of a possible leak.
- If you find out that your Citroen Jumpy squeaks or has an abnormal performance in turns or when passing on speed bumps for example, do not hesitate to check out our article dedicated to this trouble. One of these symptoms can notify you to a pronounced wear of your shock absorbers and therefore the relevance to replace them.
- Place your Citroen Jumpy on a flat surface and struggling with the bonnet, verify if one of the corners of the car is lower than the others. Do not hesitate to use a tape measure to get precise measurements. This can notify you to a deterioration of a shock absorber mounting.
- Check the wear of the tread of the tires of your Citroen Jumpy, in actual fact if you notice abnormal on the “sidewalls” of your tires it can be a signal of tired shocks.
Now you know the list of control points that exist to know when to replace the dampers of your Citroen Jumpy .
Price to replace shock absorbers Citroen Jumpy
And to end this guideline we will now see what is the price of replacing shock absorbers on a Citroen Jumpy . We’re going to separate in two parts, first the shock absorbers replacement at a specialist, and then the price of the shock absorbers alone if you want to have them fitted by a friend or yourself, locate below the two simulations:
- Price of the shock absorbers replace on Citroen Jumpy by a specialist: If you replace the shock absorbers of your car at a specialist, we advise you if you have a small budget to go rather to a car center like Feu Vert which will offer you prices much less expensive than the garage of your Citroen Jumpy dealership. However, if you have a Citroen Jumpy with a classic finish you will have to count between 400 and 700 euros depending on the kind of garage and rather between 700 and 1000 euros if it is a sports model.
- Price of buying shock absorbers for Citroen Jumpy on a specialized site: Finally, if you want to do the replace yourself, buying “generic” shock absorbers on specialized sites like oscaro can allow you to make decent savings, for a set of front shock absorbers you will need between 50 and 150 euros, do not hesitate to take a look at the offer on Oscaro, and if you want to replace the rear shock absorbers it’s rather between 50 and 100 euros, idem, stick to the link to get the prices and the different models available.
If you have any further questions about the Citroen Jumpy, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Jumpy category.