Where to find air conditioner fuse on Dodge Charger ?
Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Dodge Charger, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are fundamental, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to locate the air conditioning fuse on your Dodge Charger. To do this, first, we will see in which scenarios it may be important to change the air conditioning fuse on your Dodge Charger, then where is the air conditioning fuse on Dodge Charger .
Why change the air conditioning fuse on Dodge Charger?
So let’s begin our content on the location of the air conditioning fuse of your Dodge Charger by the benefit of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your air conditioning does not work on Dodge Charger anymore, if you have already had it recharged, checked out for possible leaks in the system and if you have checked out that the air conditioning compressor is functional, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Dodge Charger . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specified tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the air conditioning fuse of a Dodge Charger when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the air conditioning fuse on Dodge Charger?
We will now look for where the air conditioning fuse on your Dodge Charger is. The air conditioning system is connected to several electronic elements and there may be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct procedure of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you discover the fuse and air conditioning relay on your Dodge Charger .
Replacement of the internal air conditioning fuses of your Dodge Charger
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Dodge Charger’s air-conditioning system. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Dodge Charger.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the air conditioning fuse(s) of your Dodge Charger , check all the fuses with the word “air conditioning” in their names.
- Take out the air-conditioning fuse(s) cautiously with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse . As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the air conditioning fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your air conditioning.
Replacement of the air conditioning fuse relay of your Dodge Charger
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the air conditioning relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Dodge Charger, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the air conditioning relay, or check your user manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your air conditioning, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the air conditioning fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Dodge Charger, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Dodge Charger, take a look at the Dodge Charger category.