How to adjust handbrake on Mercedes Benz GLS Class ?
Your car’s handbrake is a obligatory basic safety feature based on the highway code, in fact , this aims to end your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, even on the slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It will be possible that over time the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it really is no longer stopping your car. To deal with these concerns, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Mercedes Benz GLS Class . To accomplish this, first we will see the adjustment of your manual handbrake on Mercedes Benz GLS Class , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and ultimately the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Mercedes Benz GLS Class?
So we start out our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class in its manual version. This version works in a simple way using a system of cable and screws that allow you to manage the tension in the device and therefore to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you will have to act on these kinds of screws in order to expand the handbrake cable of the Mercedes Benz GLS Class . In any case, just before adjusting the hand brake, you must make sure that your back wheels aren’t blocked through the adjustment. Make sure you find under the detailed treatment to carry out this intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should find out a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and cable system.
- You will have to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable stress.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts upon both sides, make sure to make the same changes upon both sides to hold a balanced braking, and make sure that the hand brake lever of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test out the locking of the wheels of your car, if it’s good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening screws until you get an ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Mercedes Benz GLS Class, the adjustment will probably be exactly the same however it will be done by passing beneath your car in the level of the handbrake lever. Be sure to set your car on the stand just before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Mercedes Benz GLS Class?
Second system of handbrake adjustment upon Mercedes Benz GLS Class , this is an automatic handbrake, in contrast to the manual one, that one is done on the brake drums or calipers, which is supposed to change automatically to the wear of the brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you shortly have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, listed below are the steps to take to examine if the strain of your handbrake is the right one:
- Be aware that an automatic handbrake cannot be adjusted straight because it is purported to adapt alone to the wear of the disc brake pads or pads of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
- You can even now examine that the system is functioning correctly by simply putting the vehicle on the stand and looking at by driving under the vehicle that the pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to take apart the brakes to examine the state of the shoes, we all advise you to have it performed by a specialist.
- Be sure you replace your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Mercedes Benz GLS Class by a specialist?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it fears a security element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the Mercedes Benz GLS Class , we give you advice to go to a technician that can adjust the handbrake for any about fifty euros . For those who have problems with vibrations when braking on Mercedes Benz GLS Class, do not wait to consult our document which refers to this trouble.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLS Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLS Class category.