How to change parking light of my Mercedes Benz GLA Class ?
Whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out as time passes and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely on this website because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes Benz GLA Class parking light, we’ve made this content page to help you do this action without help and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes Benz GLA Class?
We will begin this document with swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class, take note that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same solution to use. Indeed, regardless if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complex depending on the features of your car.
First solution, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class. Although this process is the most basic, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to accomplish it on your car without encumbrance. Indeed, dependant on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different ways to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise method but it is not always easy to do to realise, often because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To achieve this, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class. You may perhaps need to take off the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To achieve this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class in cases where the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will simply have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class
Finally, if you wish to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLA Class the method is easier, here are the different basic steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLA Class, please read our dedicated content page to find out how to do it.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLA Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLA Class category.