How to change speakers on Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Whether it’s playing the radio, listening to your favorite singer, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your Mercedes Benz GLE Class . In reality, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this guide we will show you accurately how you can change the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, step by step. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and at last, most likely what brings you in this article, how to change the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Mercedes Benz GLE Class
Let’s begin our guide on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz GLE Class with the speaker fix step . It is important to know that this is not a pretty simple project and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a good speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to work on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you detect a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is broken and needs to be changed. Instead, proceed to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, carefully uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate to do this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane assembly to end repairing the speakers of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to change on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class:
- Deciding which speakers to change (sometimes only a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, the more you choose a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suitable for your installation.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Mercedes Benz GLE Class SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last section of our guide on changing speakers on Mercedes Benz GLE Class . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if required (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually vulnerable).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it completely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Mercedes Benz GLE Class and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class.
A little tips, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they produce a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Mercedes Benz GLE Class, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite songs with this brand new sound system. In case you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Benz GLE Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLE Class category.