How to clean mass air flow sensor on Mercedes Classe A 4?
More and more car owners are trying to maintain their vehicles by themselves. This outcomes in considerable savings because modern cars involve more and more maintenance and are made up of more and more technical parts that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the complications that affects more and more Mercedes Classe A 4 owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will lead to a loss of power and black exhaust fumes. In this article we are going to look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4? . First, we will describe how your mass airflow sensor works and its advantages, second, why it may be important to clean this sensor , and at last, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Mercedes Classe A 4 .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Mercedes Classe A 4
So we begin our content page with the procedure and goal of your Mercedes Classe A 4 flowmeter.
The goal of the mass air flow sensor on Mercedes Classe A 4
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been created actually quite lately and principally outfitted on diesel models. In truth, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore important for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to adapt the behaviour of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Mercedes Classe A 4, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Mercedes Classe A 4
Now, we are going to look at how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 , you must already find out how it functions to achieve this maintenance work properly.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore principally there to get info on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To get this done, it must be mounted just after the air intake of your Mercedes Classe A 4, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe outfitted with a sensor that will review the air in the intake and transmit the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Mercedes Classe A 4?
The mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 can have complications and this is what we will try to see and understand what complications you may be facing!
Mass air flow sensor complications Mercedes Classe A 4
Here are the different complications that the air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 can cause:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually bring about excessive fuel consumption because of poor air flow…
- Power loss: Linked to the same problem, this lack of air can cause a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the car: Finally, one of the last traditional complications associated with a dirty flowmeter will be that your Mercedes Classe A 4 will have more issues to begin the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Mercedes Classe A 4?
After looking at the operation and complications that the flowmeter can cause, we will look at how to resolve these complications by describing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 . You should know that this procedure is actually quite simple to execute and you will not need advanced mechanical abilities to do it your self, a good way to avoid a trip to the mechanic and a steep bill. Discover below the different steps to stick to to execute this maintenance act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, work gently, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will be able to move forward to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 . This sensor will, over time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer be able to collect data properly, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine unit of your Mercedes Classe A 4. The goal of this cleaning will be to remove all its impurities to allow it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower part of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will remove most of the grime
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Mercedes Classe A 4 , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine unit.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Classe A 4, take a look at the Mercedes Classe A 4 category.