How to clean Mercedes Benz Sprinter engine ?
Whether you want to have a clean car or you intend to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter is an action of routine service that is not necessarily well operated, between the fear of harming electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will accompany you to complete this action of maintenance with serenity. To accomplish this, first, we will find out why it might be important to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter .
Why clean the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter?
So we begin our article by explaining why it might be wise to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter .
The most general motive for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be frequent service. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will cause dirt and grime to build up and eventually damage parts of your motor vehicle. We advise you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter?
We will now start the heart of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter . For this, in the first part we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to accomplish this action properly, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter.
To prepare the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not suggested either because of the many electrical elements inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter totally, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter , it’s a plastic cover that can in general be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, you will discover this kind of product in specialized retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter, take a look at the Mercedes Benz Sprinter category.