How to convert a 2-seater Mercedes Classe E into a 5-seater ?
You’re probably in the instance of purchasing your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second hand car searches you have probably realized that the Mercedes Classe E of “companies” are less expensive to purchase and appears to be an interesting offer. Nevertheless, these Mercedes Classe E only have 2 seats and will therefore require a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Mercedes Classe E into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a brief explanation of the essential key steps to be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be made on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Mercedes Classe E company into a 5-seater.
The main key methods to convert a Mercedes Classe E 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Mercedes Classe E company or commercial in 5 places:
- Add the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the producer
- Take his Mercedes Classe E to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Notify your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the car to convert a Mercedes Classe E 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so start our content page on the transformation of a Mercedes Classe E 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be undertaken straight on the vehicle to be able to allow it to be recognized as a Mercedes Classe E 5-seater.
Convert its Mercedes Classe E to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do a majority of the process yourself, you should know that it will be complicated. In reality, the car companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Mercedes Classe E easy only for the manufacturers, here are the reasons:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will require a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Mercedes Classe E into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Install the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these factors, it is less complicated to call on an approved technical who will carry out these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s criteria.
If you still want to carry out the transformation of your new Mercedes Classe E on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to get the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information linked to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion achieved by a professional
If you want to convert your Mercedes Classe E 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least difficult decision. In reality, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to execute the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that should be taken to convert a Mercedes Classe E into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Mercedes Classe E 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative stage.
The different steps to be accomplished in order to have one’s Mercedes Classe E 2 places authorized as a 5 places
You will learn just below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Mercedes Classe E converted into 5 seats.
- After the changes made on your Mercedes Classe E, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to stick to all the steps fairly quickly.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a vehicle.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Mercedes Classe E li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Mercedes Classe Einto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the cost that the passage of a Mercedes Classe E 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Mercedes Classe E company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you need more tutorials on the Mercedes Classe E, go to our Mercedes Classe E category.