How to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe B ?
If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re quite likely wanting to manage the majority of the service to be done on your Mercedes Classe B, but some are more complex than others and require the removal of body parts or elements to access the part you want to operate on. We would really like to help you in this operation. That’s why on this web page we are going to discover how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe B. This procedure is not very complex and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. For that, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe B, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Mercedes Classe B
So let’s commence our document with the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe B. To take it off, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Mercedes Classe B in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we encourage you to lift your Mercedes Classe B and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe B. According to your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to do this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe B on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go under your Mercedes Classe B to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you perhaps forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Mercedes Classe B, to put it back in place stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Mercedes Classe B
And now, whether or not the procedure is quite similar, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Mercedes Classe B. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more information.
- Start with executing the same first stage, that is, lift your Mercedes Classe B and take out your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Mercedes Classe B serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Mercedes Classe B to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less difficult to remove the bumper from your Mercedes Classe B.
- Take off the lower bindings below your Mercedes Classe B.
- While doing so, make sure to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Mercedes Classe B, stick to the same process as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe B whether it is the front one or the rear one the techniques are just about the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Classe B, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Classe B category.