How to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe E 4 ?
If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly willing to manage the majority of the work to be carried out on your Mercedes Classe E 4, but some are more difficult than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to work on. We would like to help you in this task. That’s why today we are going to discover how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe E 4. This task is not very difficult and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. For that, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Mercedes Classe E 4
So let’s commence our content with the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4. To take it off, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we suggest you to lift your Mercedes Classe E 4 and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Would seem evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also known as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4. Dependant on your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is from behind your mudguard and that fastens the front bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go under your Mercedes Classe E 4 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you most likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Mercedes Classe E 4, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Mercedes Classe E 4
And now, whether or not the process is quite identical, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Mercedes Classe E 4. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will just give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more details.
- Start by executing the same first stage, that is, lift your Mercedes Classe E 4 and take off your rear wheels to be able to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Mercedes Classe E 4 serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Mercedes Classe E 4 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it much easier to remove the bumper from your Mercedes Classe E 4.
- Take out the lower bindings underneath your Mercedes Classe E 4.
- While doing so, remember to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Mercedes Classe E 4, stick to the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Mercedes Classe E 4 whether it is the front one or the rear one the solutions are pretty much the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Classe E 4, take a look at the Mercedes Classe E 4 category.