How to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes AMG GT ?
It’s probably hot outside, you’ve just bought a new car and you want to use one of the most useful options of your Mercedes AMG GT, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tough thing to accomplish, but in this article we’re going to look into this action, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit triky for novices. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes AMG GT? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes AMG GT and to conclude we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mercedes AMG GT?
The air conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT functions in a very comparable way to that of your family fridge, the fact is, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will be sure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT works effectively:
- The compressor: It is the essential element of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main goal, like a radiator, to let the gas to decrease in temperature and come back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert in to gas and during this transition will generate cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device functions in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes AMG GT?
Now let’s go forward to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Mercedes AMG GT? Although this process is easier than you think for most of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mercedes AMG GT
There are two types of air conditioning on Mercedes AMG GT, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on Mercedes AMG GT is what we could call the cheap one. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of settings, but you’ll already have the possibility to refresh the air inside your car. You can only select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mercedes AMG GT, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mercedes AMG GT.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mercedes AMG GT
To conclude, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mercedes AMG GT. Although the methodology is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will permit you benefit from cold air with even more comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. In addition to the automatic climate control, you in many cases have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the opportunity of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Mercedes AMG GT. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Mercedes AMG GT, you will only need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mercedes AMG GT.
Some advices on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT
To finish , last part of our content page, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes AMG GT, we will tell you some practical tips to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Mercedes AMG GT which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more effective than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Mercedes AMG GT 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In case you have detected any unpleasant odours coming from the air conditioning in your Mercedes AMG GT, don’t hesitate to browse our content page on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Mercedes AMG GT on a regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you wish more guides on the Mercedes AMG GT, go to our Mercedes AMG GT category.