How to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes Classe G 3 ?
It’s most likely hot, you’ve just purchased a new automobile and you desire to use one of the handiest options of your Mercedes Classe G 3, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated action to achieve, but today we’re going to check out this manipulation, which, whilst basic, can be a bit technical for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercedes Classe G 3? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Classe G 3 and finally we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mercedes Classe G 3?
The air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3 functions in a very comparable way to that of your fridge, the fact is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its condition (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system functions in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will ensure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3 works properly:
- The compressor: It is the essential element of your air conditioning system, it manages the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it transform into gas and during this transition will create cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In fact, this system functions in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Classe G 3?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Mercedes Classe G 3? Although this process is easier than you think for many of you, it would be a pity not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mercedes Classe G 3
There are two sort of air conditioning on Mercedes Classe G 3, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most popular of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Mercedes Classe G 3 is what we could call the basic level. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of options, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can only select the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mercedes Classe G 3, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mercedes Classe G 3.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mercedes Classe G 3
At last, we will see how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mercedes Classe G 3. Although the methodology is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will let you enjoy refreshing air with much more convenience. As opposed to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which offers you the opportunity of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Mercedes Classe G 3. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Mercedes Classe G 3, you will simply have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mercedes Classe G 3.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3
Finally, last part of our article content, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercedes Classe G 3, we will offer you some practical tips to optimize the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Mercedes Classe G 3 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, because of its air dehumidifier, it will be more efficient than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Mercedes Classe G 3 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have found any unpleasant smells caused by the air conditioning in your Mercedes Classe G 3, don’t hesitate to consult our article on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe G 3 on the regular basis, also in winter, to keep it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Classe G 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Classe G 3 category.