Key stuck in ignition of Mercedes Benz GLC Class, what to do ?
We continue our series of articles on what can get stuck on your car. After discovering why your fuel flap or hood could get stuck, today we’ll take a look at why the key is stuck in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition . Especially frustrating, having a stuck ignition cylinder will prevent you from starting and consequently from employing your car. We will consequently do everything we can to help you solve this issue as soon as possible. To achieve this, first, we will explain to you what the ignition of your motor vehicle is used for, then in a second time, why the ignition barrel of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class is stuck? And, to conclude, how to unblock the key stuck in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition.
What’s the goal of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class’s ignition lock?
The ignition lock of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class is a secureness component. Its purpose is to secure your car from theft tries. It is positioned on the steering column of your car, invented in 1931 by Abram Neiman. Its purpose is to prevent your Mercedes Benz GLC Class from starting by blocking the steering and the steering lock if it does not recognize your car key. It is closely connected to the starter switch which will integrate the key lock and an electric switch. There is a tendency to confuse the starter switch and the neiman, and when we talk about blocked neiman we often refer to a key that does not turn or does not turn well in the cylinder of the lock of your car.
Why is the key stuck in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition?
Now it’s time to explain to you why the key is stuck in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition cylinder . Now that we’ve explained what the ignition is, it’s time to find out why it’s stuck. If it is the steering wheel of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class that is blocked, do not think twice to read our content page on this matter. A neiman is not a wearing part that you change repeatedly but time has an influence on it and it can appear that you have to change it as a result of normal wear and tear. On this website are the different reasons of a ignition that locks on Mercedes Benz GLC Class :
- Normal wear and tear on the ignition barrel of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class : As we explained above, with time, the components of the neiman can become seized up, or become loaded with dust or small particles from the outside that will prevent it from functioning effectively. In such a case, you should feel struggle inserting and turning the key before it locks totally.
- An element of the ignition of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class that fails: In the same logic, an element of the neiman can fail. As we explained in introduction, when we mention the neiman we tend to include, the cylinder, the lock and the starter switch, if one of these parts is defective, the neiman will not let the key turn in the cylinder of the lock
- Someone forced too much on the ignition barrel of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class: At last, last opportunity, and it’s more or less logical, if someone forced too much on the neiman in unlocking the steering wheel of your car before, he may have twisted internal elements and thus broken the neiman of it.
How do I unlock the key stuck in my Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition barrel?
We now move on to the solutions available to you for fixing a key stuck in your Mercedes Benz GLC Class ignition . According to the origin of your issue the solutions will not be the same, find them below:
- Ignition barrel blocked as a result of a twisted key: If your key is twisted, it is logical that your neiman will not unblock. Try gently with a mallet to straighten your key, if you can’t do it, use the duplicate of your key.
- Ignition cylinder If the neiman of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class is clogged as a result of impurities : Use a WD40 type degreaser and let it work for a couple of minutes, it should unblock the neiman of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.