Problem with automatic transmission Mercedes Benz GLC Class ?
Learning to drive a car is not always convenient, and occasionally it may seem like a good solution to choose an automatic Mercedes Benz GLC Class, whether it’s for simple comfort or ease of use, this kind of transmission is becoming more and more wide-spread. However, while they might seem like a perfect solution, there might as well be complications with the automatic gearboxes of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class . This is exactly the subject of our article. First, we’ll briefly describe the different types of automatic gearboxes, then, in a second step, which complications you might come across with the gearbox of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class , and, finally, how to solve them.
The different types of automatic gearbox of a Mercedes Benz GLC Class
Gearboxes have the advantage of being reputed to be trustworthy, as you don’t need to use your clutch pedal and every thing is electronically and mechanically handled there will be no early wear of your clutch or other elements that could be put to the test by misuse on your part.
However, based on the kind of automatic transmission your Mercedes Benz GLC Class is equipped with you will have more or less reliability, we will expose them to you now:
- Common automatic gearbox: It will use a torque converter, which will control the gear changes, it’s the oldest technology, it has evolved quite a lot in the last decades (more gears and a better management of the gear changes).
- Robotized automatic gearbox: This is a manual gearbox with a robotized mechanism that will change the driver’s action. This kind of gearbox is less and less basic because they are viewed as very slow. We as well often feel a coupling during deceleration.
- Dual-clutch automatic transmission: This is the greatest automatic transmission, it functions on similar principle as the robotic transmission, but thanks to its dual clutch, you won’t have any more complications with slow speeds or increased fuel consumption. They are often equipped on luxury models.
- Continuously variable automatic box: It is similar theory as on a scooter, a variator will come to control the differences between acceleration and motor speed, they are particularly slow and tend to be unresponsive during the acceleration phases of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class.
I’m having complications with the automatic transmission on my Mercedes Benz GLC Class
We now begin the part that surely attracts you the most in this article, what are the complications you may come across with the automatic transmission of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class? As revealed earlier, in general they are more reliable than manual transmissions, nevertheless, here are the most important complications you may come across:
- As mentioned over, no matter what kind of automatic gearbox, they are often known to be slow and have inertia when accelerating. However, this phenomenon is designed to happen just when the vehicle is started, not when it is launched. If it feels like it occurs constantly, the clutch or converter is most likely dead.
- I have the impression that a gear in the automatic transmission of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class no longer shifts or jumps: If you have the impression that your gears no longer shift or tend to jump on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, there is a part that is most likely responsible for this failure. In truth, the solenoid that acts as a “switch” to engage the gears must not be functioning effectively, second option, a speed or engine speed sensor may be defective and send the wrong information to your gearbox.
- If you feel drops coming from the automatic gearbox of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class: If you feel a clutch when you go up or when you slow down, it is either your oil which is too old and which does not lubricate any more adequately all the mechanisms of your gearbox, or else a sensor which gives bad info
How do I fix automatic transmission complications on a Mercedes Benz GLC Class?
And finally, we’re going to try to give you the solutions to resolve the automatic transmission complications on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class . Find them down below:
- Oil leak on the automatic gearbox of a Mercedes Benz GLC Class: Discover the origin of the leak, and change the concerned gasket, get it achieved by a specialist, opening a gearbox is not easy. It will cost you a few hundred euros, especially for the labour. Do not hesitate to read our article on gearbox oil leaks on Mercedes Benz GLC Class.
- Sensor issue: No matter which sensor is concerned, a replacement is the just remedy, sensors do not repair themselves, you should count from 100 to a few hundred euros depending on the difficulty of access to the one that concerns you.
- Couplings: If you have complications with the couplings on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, you will only need to do a complete gearbox replace to gain comfort and preserve your gears.
- The automatic gearbox of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class slips: In this instance, you certainly have a dead clutch disc, you will have to replace the clutch, and on some models you won’t have the ability to replace it without doing a standard exchange of the gearbox, be prepared to spend more than a thousand euros.
There are other automatic transmission complications on Mercedes Benz GLC Class, such as electronic problems or pressure complications, but this list lists the most important ones, no matter the reason, for such difficult mechanisms. Once you feel a problem on this level, we advise you to go quickly to your mechanic.
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.