Where is the jack located on Mercedes Actros ?
In this article, we are going to talk about a topic that can be of use to everyone. Whether it’s because you have a flat tire, or you want to replace your brake pads, knowing where the jack is on a Mercedes Actros is fundamental. In truth, without the jack, you won’t have the ability to lift your car and therefore replace a wheel, or, access the components behind it such as the brake pads for example. To do this, we will first explain the different sort of jacks, then, where the jack is on an Mercedes Actros, and finally, how to use the jack on your car.
What are the different types of jacks for Mercedes Actros?
So we begin our content page with the different sort of jacks that exist. In truth, nevertheless generally speaking most Mercedes Actros will be equipped with the same type of jack, there are still different styles with different uses, here they are:
- The single-arm screw jack for Mercedes Actros : The first type of jack, the most classic and cheapest of all, is generally found on entry-level models, or with few options. This type of jack has just one articulated arm that is positioned under the motor vehicle to lift it. This type of jack is light, easy to use, but does not enable you to lift large loads.
- The double-arm screw jack for Mercedes Actros : It uses exactly similar basic principle as the jack seen earlier, that is, a worm screw that will enable screwing to raise the jack, and unscrewing to lower it, nevertheless the use of a double arm will enable to have a more stable jack that can lift a higher payload.
- The hydraulic jack for Mercedes Actros : This form of jack is not standard equipment on cars, and is usually just supplied with a premium model or bought in motor vehicle centres. These jacks are heavier, generally less bulky and have the advantage of being much easier to employ and able to lift a larger load. It would cost between 20 and 50 euros to buy them, here is a simple and effective model from Oscaro.
Where is the jack on Mercedes Actros?
We will now start the part that absolutely made you come to this post, where is the jack on a Mercedes Actros? It might seem simple, but depending on the motor vehicle make and model the location of the jack is not similar. Take note that most Mercedes Actros vehicles are equipped with a jack, if they are not you will have to find a puncture-proof spray or a compressor instead. Whether you have just bought your Mercedes Actros or have been loaned one, or are renting it, you may possibly not have this info. We are going to give you the different locations of the jack on your motor vehicle, these locations may possibly replace depending on the year and the finish of your Mercedes Actros:
- The most common location for a jack is in the trunk of your Mercedes Actros. To reach it, just lift the carpet in the trunk and you should find it and the spare tire.
- In the rear wheel arch: Similar but less common location, your jack may be in your trunk, but on the side of the trunk, to reach it you just have to open the hatch in the right component of your trunk.
- Last possible location for the jack on your Mercedes Actros is under your motor vehicle. If you still have the spare tire you will locate it under your trunk, usually you will have to unscrew a nut to have the ability to release it and the spare tire.
How to use the jack on a Mercedes Actros?
Finally, we will quickly explain how to use the jack on your Mercedes Actros. Whether it is to replace your wheel or to replace the brake pads of your Mercedes Actros, the procedure remains similar. This procedure might seem difficult, but you just need to follow a few recommendations to use your jack safely:
- Before lifting your Mercedes Actros, remember to engage the handbrake as well as a gear to lock your wheels.
- Unscrew the wheel nuts of the wheels you want to work on before lifting the car, in any other case you risk damaging the transmission.
- Begin to lift your jack (about 20 centimeters) and position it under your motor vehicle at the level of the underbody, you will usually locate a notch to position it in the right place.
- Raise your Mercedes Actros, don’t bother doing it much, if your tire comes off three inches off the ground that’s enough.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Actros, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Actros category.