Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Exterior mirrors
Fig. 88 In the driver door: rotary knob for the exterior mirrors
First read and observe the introductory information and safety warnings
|Turn the rotary knob to the desired position:|
|Fold exterior mirrors into the body electrically .|
|Switches on exterior mirror heating. Heats only at ambient temperatures below +20 В°C (+68 В°F).|
|Set the left exterior mirror to the front, rear, right or left by moving the rotary knob.|
|Set the right exterior mirror to the front, rear, right or left by moving the rotary knob.|
|Neutral position. Exterior mirrors are folded out, exterior window heating is switched off, it is not possible to adjust the exterior mirrors.|
Synchronised mirror adjustment
- In the Settings — Convenience menu, select the option for synchronising the adjustment of the exterior mirrors .
- Turn the rotary knob to the driver position.
- Adjust the exterior mirror on the driver side. The front passenger exterior mirror will be adjusted at the same time (synchronised).
- If necessary, correct the settings for the right-hand mirror by moving the rotary knob when it is in the R position.
Automatic anti-dazzle exterior mirror on the driver side
The automatic anti-dazzle exterior mirror is controlled together with the automatic anti-dazzle interior mirror .
Storing front passenger exterior mirror settings for reversing
- Select a valid vehicle key for saving the settings.
- Unlock the vehicle using this key.
- Apply the handbrake firmly.
- Switch on the ignition.
- Put the gear into neutral.
- Activate the Mirror down function via the Settings — Convenience menu.
- Select the reverse gear.
- Adjust the exterior mirror on the front passenger side so that you have a good view of the kerb area.
- The settings for the mirror position will be saved automatically and assigned to the vehicle key that is used to unlock the vehicle.
Selecting the settings for the front passenger exterior mirror
- Turn the rotary knob for the exterior mirrors to the position R for the front passenger exterior mirror.
- With the ignition switched on, select the reverse gear.
- The front passenger exterior mirror will move out of the position saved for reversing when the vehicle is driven forwards faster than approximately 15 km/h (9 mph) or when the rotary knob is moved out of position R for the front passenger exterior mirror and into another position.
Injuries could be sustained if you do not take care when folding the exterior mirrors in and out.
- Only fold the exterior mirrors in or out when there is no-one in the path of the mirror.
- Always ensure that no fingers are caught between the exterior mirror and the foot of the mirror when the exterior mirror is moved.
An incorrect assessment of the distance to vehicles travelling behind your vehicle can cause accidents and serious injuries.
- Curved mirrors (convex or aspheric) enlarge the field of vision and could make objects in the mirror seem smaller and further away than they actually are.
- Using curved mirrors to estimate the distance of other vehicles when changing lanes is inaccurate and could cause accidents and severe injuries.
- Whenever possible, use the interior mirror to check the exact distance away from vehicles behind or other objects.
- Make sure that you have a good view to the rear of the vehicle.
- Always fold in exterior mirrors before using an automatic car wash.
- Never fold electrically folding exterior mirrors in or out mechanically by hand as this could cause damage to the electric motor.
The exterior mirror heating should be switched off when it is no longer needed. Fuel is wasted otherwise.
Initially, the exterior mirror heating will heat at maximum temperature. After approximately two minutes, the temperature will be adjusted according to the ambient temperature.
If there is a fault, the electric exterior mirrors can be adjusted by hand by pressing on the outside of the mirror.